Friday, December 26, 2003

Berkeley County South Carolina Web Page

Berkeley County South Carolina Web Page

I worked 2pm until 10 pm today at Bayer Industrial park. Yes, the same company that makes Bayer Aspirin. At this plant they do not manufacture that product though. I got home at 10 pm and headed down Redbank Road, turned right on Old Back River rd. I stopped at the 3 way stop that the county just installed and then turned left on Mapleridge Dr. I almost ALWAYS use my turn signals. I was slowing down at the end of Mapleridge Drive to let the neighborhood scrooge pull his new white Ford Mustang into his driveway when I see blue and white overheads coming on behind me. Say do what I thought? At first I thought that they must be responding to a call down by one of the trailers where we live. Nevertheless I stopped the car and the first officer in the first of three units came up to my car with his flashlight on me. The deputy told me that I did not use my turn signal when entering Mapleridge drive and that is why they (all three units) stopped me. When the deputy saw my security uniform he told me that they were doing drug enforcement in our neighborhood and that he was going to let me go. I told him thank you and went on my merry way and heard one of the other units on my hand held scanner talk to the officer that stopped me. The deputy stated that I was wearing an American Security Jacket and that is why he probably did not jack me up.

Now that I am thinking about it they must have been sitting off of a side street in my neighborhood because they were not sitting anywhere on Old Backriver between Redbank and where I turned. That means there was no way that they could have seen whether I used my turn signal or not.
I think that they were looking to jack up a druggie on our street which unfortunately is KNOWN to have some shady characters. Oh well, they threw me back into the pond and maybe they will get lucky on the next one they reel in.

No comments: