Wednesday, August 20, 2003

I am a subscriber of LOOK Yahoo Group (stands for Loss of our Kids I think). Most of the time I just read but do not participate too much because it seems that mostly the women are doing all of the talking. That could be because we just don't have that many men OR the men that are there are playing the silent game. So, with that in mind I have been posting a little bit more in the hopes of engaging in some conversation about life in general much less our LOOK topics. I wrote the following post just now and thought it was good for me to add it to my blog for a gentle reminder to myself and others that might need to hear it too.
______________________________

Prayers can NEVER hurt any of us. Sometimes those prayers are the only thing that holds us up as we are wallowing in the funk of life. When we are weak that is when HE is strong. When we are full of pride and think that we can handle the issues of life all by our little lonesome then perhaps HE is not so near.

I am thankful for God's sustaining grace and for the extended family of Christ that has reached out to my family in the last two years. One of the things that I have been learning as we walk through the valley of the shadow of unemployment and the continuing instability is that God is still alive and He is more faithful to His word and promises than I am. I am also learning the value of living in the meantime and sharpening my ability to be content no matter what position I find myself.

I am not sure that the word "Happy" is one that truly reflects how I "feel". Thanks to our being busy with the trip to Texas and our impending move I have been able to focus on other things than our situation which still remains bleak. I know that I need to focus on those things that I can change and leave the things I can not change to God. One thing that I can change and I always need to work on is my attitude towards life, family and those around me.

We need a safe journey from Travelers Rest to Goose Creek without any major problems. We need to get settled back in our old house and then Katy and I need to find some type of employment before my next 12 weeks of unemployment runs out. I am sure that being in a familiar town with familiar people and being back at our old church home will make the trials of the weeks to come much easier to deal with.

No comments: