Thursday, May 13, 2004

Blogrolling


So you are asking, "what the heck is blogrolling?"

I am just now learning myself so be patient while I make a weak and slightly ignorant attempt at explaining this.
I have had our Blog now for almost 2.5 years. Our Blog is listed in several Blog databases that are searchable.
The problem is this. Even though our Blog url is listed in the database and is searchable it does not do me much good if no one knows that I am alive and that they can search for me.

So, with that in mind the next step is to take this Blog thing to the next level. Technorati is in the Beta stages of tracking over 2 MILLION Blogs. Once their Web Spider comes to my Blog url and verifies that I am who I say I am ( the author of the Blog) then they will validate my Blog Authorship and put me in their Technorati database and in turn I can keep track of whomever adds my Blog url to their Links Page.

Is that clear as mud yet? LOL.... Like I admitted earlier, I am still learning about Blogrolling and how it will give me some sort of advantage. Once the web spiders have done their thing you can click on the Technorati Profile link above the Contributors Text on the right side and it will take you to my custom Technorati Profile on their web site.
What that will do for me is beyond my comprehension at this point. What I do know is that I have fulfilled all the prerequisites that I needed to do in order to have a membership with their service. The FREE service does not allow me to have all the "bells and whistles" but its a start.

As I learn more you will hear about it.

Happy Blogging folks!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never did come right out and say "Blogrolling is........" So what IS it in 1 sentence or less?
LOL
Patty

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
James Moffitt said...

This is the definition that www.blogrolling.com gives. I was trying to explain my understanding of how it worked in practical ways. :)

BlogRolling is a one-stop linklist manager for your blog or journal, helping you manage your ever-evolving linklist with ease. There are a lot of tools out there to help you blog without getting your hands dirty - but managing your linklist still means having to crawl through the HTML in your template every time you want to add or remove a link. No more! Now it's as simple as clicking a link or making a pit stop at BlogRolling.

James Moffitt said...

One sentence or less.... hahahahahaahahaah bwahahahahahaha roflol.... Yeah right, have you EVER known me to explain anything in less than 25 sentences or less? That is TOO funny....