Saturday, June 26, 2004

Where did Norton Anti Virus Auto Protect icon go?


As I was surfing around doing this and that last night around 11:30 pm I noticed that my Norton Anti Virus Auto Protect icon was missing out of my system tray. Now that I think about it I dont think I remember seeing it for quite some time. This prompted me to open up Norton Anti Virus , check the settings and run Live Update. What to my wandering eyes appeared but some RED check marks in the Status pane telling me of potential problems. Not only was Auto Protect turned off but I could not turn it on. I also could not turn on the e-mail protection. This caused considerable alarm which in turn caused me to spend almost 2 hours scanning all my drives and then uninstalling and reinstalling Norton Anti Virus. At 2:15 am Norton is installed and the virus database updated and all the correct options are running as selected with no problems. I can now lay me down to sleep knowing that my computer is protected from the miscreants out in cyberworlds unknown.

Remember to run Live Update often and scan your drive. Also be sure to have your Anti Virus software scan all incoming and outgoing e-mail messages.

Nite Nite

No comments: