Monday, June 21, 2004

Nice to have a day off


Mondays are my day to rest. Let me rephrase that. Mondays is the day that I dont put on my gorrilla suit (security uniform) nor do I have to put up with retail customers. All in all that is a GOOD thing. Because I only have one day off I find myself doing all of my errands and chores and to do list in ONE DAY.

This morning at 2 am I finally went to sleep and woke up at around 6:45 am. I layed around in the recliner for a few moments and then decided to turn on the coffee pot and start my day by checking the e-mail inbox. I climbed onto the Torture Machine for 25 minutes and then Katy and I went to visit our friend Patty as we hip hopped over to IHOP for breakfast. Before I left this morning I located a freeware program "WiFiFoFum" for the PocketPC that will allow me to war drive. In other words I can drive down the street and use my PocketPC and the wireless card to sniff out WiFi connections. I was amazed at how many WiFi connections that I was able to find. Nevertheless I was not able to make a good enough connection to an WAP so I could surf the Internet via the web browser or log on to MSN IM. My friend Patty thinks that I need to read the read.me file that came with the software but sadly enough none was included. Anyway, the bottom line is this. I am still trying to figure out HOW to make an actual WiFi connection that will allow me to surf the web or check my e-mail. I think that between my house and Patty's I ran across 30 signals.

I just had a phone call from a dear friend who is having computer problems so my entire train of thought is out the window. LOL. Don't ya hate it when that happens. Oh well, time to go help her get her computer glued back together. I can always come back to this.

No comments: