Monday, September 11, 2006

In loving memory of Jessica Ann Moffitt

September 11, 2001 is remembered by most due to the horrible disaster that happened when two jumbo jets flew into the north and south tower of the World Trade center. On that horrible day many innocent and not so innocent people lost their lives. All this week we have been reminded of this by the media and while it is important that we never forget those who lost their lives I feel regret that the families of these lost souls must be reminded over and over again via the media of their loss. One thing that we must remember is that a week from now the media reports will dwindle but the families will experience the pain of grief long after that.
Today lives in infamy for my family not only because of the world trade towers going down and the loss of human life but it reminds us of our daughter Jessica Ann Moffitt who would have been 16 years old today. Jessica Ann Moffitt died of cancer on August 5, 2001 around 2:30 am. I will never forget that moment in time for as long as I live. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of my daughter Jessica who brought so much joy and happiness to our lives. Jessica was born 3 months premature and spent the first three months of her life in NICU. We had a lot of folks praying for our little ray of sunshine and God brought her home to us and gave us 10 years with her. I am looking forward to the day when I reach the other side when I can run up to her in Heaven and hug her neck and tell her once again in person how much I love her.
Jessica, you live on in our minds and hearts and you will never be forgotten.
Love Daddy






James Moffitt
http://www.lightourworld.com
http://moffittjc.blogharbor.com/blog
james.moffitt@comcast.net

No comments: